Home Energy Audit
Are you too hot or cold in your home? Are you tired of paying high energy bills?
A home energy audit with one of the most experienced auditing companies in Colorado will help you to get to know your home better and learn what steps you can take to make your home more comfortable, efficient, and green.
As the exclusive program manager for Xcel Energy’s Home Energy Audit Program from February 2009 through January 2012 Lightly Treading staff auditors completed approximately 6,000 audits in Colorado. With our vast experience and our high level of customer satisfaction, in the second Quarter (Q2) of 2011, 98% of audit clients surveyed were satisfied with the service provided by their individual energy auditor. We are the auditing firm for you!
The Lightly Treading Energy Audit is a detailed comprehensive analysis of your home including:
- Assessment of insulation levels, heating and cooling systems, major appliances, windows and doors
- Whole house diagnosis with blower door and infrared camera
- Full combustion safety test of open exhaust mechanical systems
- Free CFLs
- Free low flow shower head
- Water flow measurement in kitchen and main bathroom
- Follow-up phone call from your energy auditor
Our energy auditors will work to develop whole house solutions as well as pinpoint solutions for specific problem areas or rooms.
Comparable to a basic physical, the energy audit will examine key problem areas, and then provide you with a report that acts as a prescription for improvement of the overall health of your home. The Energy Audit report includes:
- Detailed observations about the various components of your home
- A list of recommended improvements, prioritized so you know where to focus your energy
- Estimated savings and payback information
- A list of trusted contractors to make the improvements in your home
If you are interested in additional support from Lightly Treading as you move from you Energy Audit through the improvement process see our available Home Performance Support packages. Packages include bid comparisons, phone support, and improvement verification inspections.
Xcel Energy customers may qualify for up to $200 in rebates for the Energy Audit. See Xcel Energy’s website for rebate qualification criteria.
Lightly Treading provides energy audits for specific utility programs that offer special rates and/or rebates. Please follow the links below to learn more:
*Cost is for homes below 5000 sqft with up to two combustion safety zones. Travel fees may apply outside of the Denver Metro Area. Call for detailed pricing.